The Center for Neuropsychology, Learning, and Behavioral Medicine at St. Joseph Hospital offers services for children, adolescents, and adults. Three types of services are provided by our neuropsychologists, psychologists, and learning specialists:
- Clinical Neuropsychology provides assessment, consultation, and treatment for head injury, stroke, dementia, memory disorders, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, ADHD, and learning and developmental disorders.
- The Learning Center provides assessment, tutoring, and individual and group educational therapy for dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other organizational and learning disabilities.
- Behavioral Medicine offers consultation and treatment for medical illnesses that are affected by stress and other psychological factors, such as asthma, cardiac disease, diabetes, chronic pain, and cancer.
We are one of only a few select centers in the country, and the only one in New England, to offer these combined services.
Program components and services include:
- Hypnosis and meditation training
- School psychology
- Medical/legal evaluations and capacity determination
- Orton-Gillingham-based instruction for dyslexia
- Comprehensive memory disorders evaluation
- Strategies for organizational/executive functioning difficulties
- Mind/body strategies to promote wellness
- Inpatient consultation
The Center for Neuropsychology, Learning, and Behavioral Medicine accepts most major insurance plans.