The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) has granted three-year accreditation with commendation to the Cancer Program at St. Joseph Hospital. Standards require meeting or exceeding a certain level of compliance in the following areas: cancer committee leadership, cancer data management, clinical services, research, community outreach, and quality improvement.
As a CoC-accredited cancer program, our patients are ensured access to:
• Comprehensive care, including state-of-the-art services and equipment
• A multi-speciality, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
• Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
• Access to cancer-related information, education, and support
• A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and includes life-long patient follow-up
• Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
• Quality care close to home.