The challenges of advanced illness can be overwhelming. Palliative Medicine Services offers compassion, understanding, and expertise to treat the physical, spiritual, and emotional symptoms you may be experiencing, so that you can live life to the fullest extent possible.
Our dedicated palliative care team consists of medical director, Donald McDonah, MD, who is board-certified in palliative care, a social worker/bereavement specialist, a case manager, chaplains and volunteers. Together, we will work with you and your loved ones to enhance the quality of your life as you complete or continue with curative treatment. We can help with the following:
- Manage physical symptoms, pain, and discomfort
- Reduce fear and anxiety with emotional support
- Provide psychological and spiritual care
- Offer a support system for you, your family, and loved ones
- Connect you with resources and support groups
Hope and healing
We believe in a holistic approach, which simply means encompassing and treating the entire person and providing support to their family and loved ones. We promise to listen, guide, and be fully present throughout your treatment. We offer guidance in making decisions at every crossroad of your illness.