Veterans Day at St. Joseph Hospital
In honor of Veterans Day, St. Joseph Hospital will be awarding a Service Member or Veteran who has been touched by war with a Quilt of Valor on Monday, November 13th, 2023, at 2pm.
What is a Quilt of Valor?
A Quilt of Valor is a quality, handmade quilt that is machine or hand quilted. It is awarded to a Service Member or Veteran who has been touched by war. The Quilt of Valor says unequivocally, “Thank you for your service and sacrifice serving our nation.”
What Does Touched by War Mean?
Examples of touched by war include:
- Engaging in direct combat, no matter when or where, in declared or undeclared wars or conflicts
- Being wounded or injured in training for combat or direct support of combat
- Serving while in harm’s way delivering support, supplies, etc., to those engaged in preventing conflicts of engaged in battle or combat
- Caring for the casualties, injured, and ill service members or veterans on the frontlines, in-theater, deployed, or in hospitals and medical centers overseas or stateside
- Providing casualty assistance to families of the fallen, escorting the fallen or remains, and/or participating in honor guards
- Being there to listen, to minister, and to support others struggling with the demons of being in a war zone
Quilts of Valor Foundation
The Mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation is to cover Service Members and Veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor.